Thursday, May 24, 2012

Works in progress

I miss writing!!

I haven't really had the time or motivation to write much in the past month. The beginning of term is always busy with writing programs and such. Then it's term 2, which means time for reports, half-yearlies, etc.

But I have been getting a lot of ideas (seeing Wicked always gives me heaps of ideas), and adding them to my "work in progress" folder.

And because people always ask me what I'm writing next, I thought I'd debrief you all:


  • 40 Weeks: This is a sequel to Three Leaps Ahead.  I don't really want to give it away, but it's pretty self-explanatory. Basically, it's something light and fluffy. It follows Elphaba and Fiyero week-by-week of a pregnancy. 
  • Understanding: This is an Anne of Green Gables one-shot (my first), based off that moment in Anne of Green Gables: the Sequel when Diana talks to Gilbert after Anne refuses his proposal before she leaves for Kingsport. We don't actually see the talk, but Diana tells Anne that "[she] thinks he understands better now." And I wondered what exactly she said. (The title is tentative, but it sounded better than "Anne of Green Gables fic" which is what its listed as in my folder.)
  • But for a Moment: The title could change, but this is an alternate ending to May I not lose you. There was a way I almost took the story, but didn't. I mentioned it to Kelly whilst in Singapore, and she insisted I write it. 
  • Flying Without Wings: A one-shot based off the Westlife song by the same name
  • If I let you go: Another one-shot, another Westlife song! (I kinda like Westlife). 
  • The Ghost of Kiamo Ko: Based of Daphne Du Maurier's book Rebecca. Summary: "While working as a companion to the Governess Nessarose Thropp, Elphaba meets the widowed and mysterious Fiyero Tiggular. After a whirlwind marriage, she returns to his grand house, Kiamo Ko. Only to find secrets about Fiyero and his first wife, the beautiful Samira still haunt the grounds." (That might change. It feels like a long summary). 
  • The Right Thing: A heavy, angst-driven story, which I can't wait to see people's reactions to! No summary as of yet. Very excited about this one!
  • The Vow: A co-writing story with my lovely friend Shauna, which is currently on hiatus because of unforseen circumstances. (I miss you Shauna!)
  • Sitting on top of the world: A sequel to my NCIS fic In this Life. Summary: With a happy marriage, beautiful son and loving extended family, Tony DiNozzo feels like he's on top of the world. What's next for the NCIS family? 
  • Stranger to Myself: This is what I'm working on (very, very slowly) at the moment. I don't think I still have the ending planned, but it's coming slowly. Summary: When the wife of the Governor of Munchkinland gives birth to a green-skinned child, they abandon her at an orphanage in the Emerald City to hide their shame. 20 years later, what happens when she goes looking for answers?
  • The Story of Us: A sequel to You've Got Mail.

I think that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. The ones I'm most excited for are: 40 Weeks, But For A Moment, As of yet untitled ;), Sitting on Top of the World and Stranger to Myself :D I WANT MORE YGM THOUGH! PLEASE AND PLEASE AND THANKYOU! ;D

    ReplyDelete