Friday, May 18, 2012

The road in Stars Hollow we wished no one took...

It's sad when one of your favourite TV shows goes in a direction that you're not thrilled with.
Of course, this is why we have fan fiction, so us- the fans, can re-write the show in the way we wished or hoped it would go.

One of my favourite shows is Gilmore Girls, and this is an example of what I mean. I've always heard that Amy Sherman-Palladino left the show before it finished, but I didn't know when exactly she'd left.

It turns out she left at the end of season six, so for the last season, there was a different person in charge. 

I was strangely disappointed about this, because I'd hoped desperately that someone else had been responsible for the two things that Gilmore Girls fans were most unhappy about- Lorelai and Rory's estrangement and the surprise arrival of Luke's daughter... which led to him not telling Lorelai about said daughter and their subsequent break up. 

Does anyone else agree, or have a show that made a decision they weren't happy about? Feel free to share in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree!!! I was devastated when Luke and Lorelai broke up!!! I was even more devastated when Rory declined Logan's proposal!!! (what's with all the L names??) My mum took this very hard hahaha I'm actually rewatching it all at the moment hahaha

    ReplyDelete