Monday, November 19, 2012

Executive Decision

So, last night I found my original novel The People We Become that I started writing in 2010, and it was one of the many casualities of uni, fanfiction and Wicked.

I re-read it, and whilst I could see some definite improvements, it sounded to me like it has promise and therefore is not destined to end up on my "pile of crap" (yes, I have a pile. Actually, it's a plastic tub, but whatever. It's the graveyard for every novel I ever started to write, ok?).

So, I am making a decision. I currently have... I think about 11 fanfics in my "in progress" folder. 1 Anne of Green Gables, 1 Harry Potter (the same one I abandoned to write my first Wicked fanfic and have barely touched since) and 9 Wicked.

I have decided that once I finish writing all these, unless I get any brilliant ideas that I just have to write (it could happen!), I'm going to take a break from fanfiction to finish this novel.

Of course, I say this... it probably won't happen, but it might be one-shots for a while.

Speaking of fanfiction, I honestly do not think 40 Weeks will be up in 2012. I am sad about this, but given that it's mid-November and I'm only halfway through... it doesn't look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment