Monday, November 5, 2012

Delta: Top of my world

On Friday I went to Sydney to see Delta Goodrem in concert.

This was my 3rd time seeing Delta live and she's always amazing. And Friday night proved what I've always known- Delta is an absolute angel and the strongest, most amazing person I've ever met. She proved that she is so amazingly dedicated to her fans and so sweet- I didn't think it was possible to love her any more than I did, but I was proved wrong!





Rachael Leahcar was the supporting act, and it was really great to see how much she's grown from her time on The Voice. 

Delta was supposed to take the stage at 8:40, but she didn't come on until 9:15. We thought this was due to some kind of technical glitch.



Then Delta came on and was just... as amazing as she always is. And then she confessed that she was in a lot of pain, and had actually scalded her legs with boiling water earlier that day. She actually rolled up her pants and showed us the bandages on her legs. I was in row Q and they looked so painful.

Although she was supposed to be resting, she refused to cancel the show, saying that the very idea broke her heart. If she couldn't finish the show, she would try and see if the theatre had any more dates available to reschedule.

Of course right after saying all this, she sang "Safe to Believe" and I just cried. Because it's one of my favourite songs from the album, it's so beautiful and I was just blown away by the personal sacrifice she was making and how dedicated she was to making sure that we weren't let down.

And honestly, if she hadn't said anything, you wouldn't know she was in pain. She still sounded amazing, joked with the audience, danced on her piano and brought 2 people up on stage.

Delta dancing on her piano


Delta tried her hardest to get through the show, but had to give up because she felt like she was about to faint.

This was taken just before Delta had to give up- the pain got so bad.

And honestly, I wasn't disappointed. Well, a little because I'd been hoping to meet Delta and hearing her live is always incredible; but I was so amazed and grateful that she had even attempted to do the show- I mean, if it had been me, I would have been incapable of doing nothing more than curling up in a ball and crying.

And my main worry was that Delta was going to be okay. Thankfully, we've heard she's fine and able to do the Melbourne shows.

Delta's been my idol for ten years, and by this point, she feels more like a friend... who I've only ever met once... but still! I was really worried, because burns can be really serious, and I feel really relieved to know she's fine. And the part of the show we did get to see was still amazing.

Get well soon, Delta! We love you!


1 comment:

  1. I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and detailed articles!
    I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here
    Multimedia Presentation
    epoxy coatings

    ReplyDelete