Thursday, November 8, 2012

Computer Update

OK, so apparently what happened was my hard drive died. Now, when I first heard those words, you can imagine my panic.

But the guy who was looking at it has been running a program on it, and he said as long as none of the files were damaged when the hard drive crashed, everything should be recovered.

So, what does this mean? Well, I'm getting a new hard drive (far cheaper than buying a new computer- although I'll most likely have to look into that in the next year or so. It's already 3 yrs old and a laptop's life isn't terribly long).

The plan is to pick it up, and check everything. Hopefully if I've lost anything, it's not much and things that can be easily replaced.

Lesson learned? BACK EVERYTHING UP ALWAYS EVER 1000000 TIMES.

Thanks to everyone who sent prayers and well wishes. Especially when I'm living so isolated, my laptop is my lifeline (seriously- that question about "what would you save if you woke up and the house was on fire?" My answer would be LAPTOP!).

I'll keep you posted on what (if anything) was lost- so if you want to keep your fingers crossed that answer is "nothing", I won't say no!

No comments:

Post a Comment