Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LOL

Most of the time, I don't have the same sense of humour as everybody else.

I find things funny that no one else does; and things that people find hilarious I don't get (like Napoleon Dynamite, and numerous YouTube clips that have swept the world in a craze- Charlie the unicorn, anyone?).

So, that's why it's strange for me as a writer when people say how funny they find certain parts, lines, characters, etc. because I've never thought of myself as a funny person. Sometimes a line or moment will pop into my head and make me laugh, so it goes it, but I never think other people will laugh too.

I think it's also me as a literature/history buff that helps with this. If there's a joke about a book or historical person/event that I know of, I feel happy that I get the joke.

My brother still doesn't why I gasped and said "that's so mean!" the first time I saw the "Bag of Weed" song on Family Guy and they made the reference to Helen Keller.

So, for the last few days, I've been shoving this TMZ video in everyone's faces, because I find it hilarious. I like TMZ- they have funny voice overs. What I find so funny about this (besides the irony) is the voice over, and the reactions of everyone in the office.

People may disagree. My brother just stared at me blankly and said "that's not funny."

No comments:

Post a Comment