Monday, December 31, 2012

2013

2012 was a massive year for me, for so many reasons and on so many levels. It was the year I lost my grandfather, moved out of home for the first time, my first teaching job, my first overseas trip, the year I got to see Wicked again and met so many cast members I hadn't had the opportunity to meet before...

But this post is all about looking forward to 2013, because that too looks like it'll be a big year- but for different reasons.

  1. I'm taking my mum to see Legally Blonde: The musical in January, which is her Christmas present. This will be her first time seeing the show, and my 4th. I'm really hoping she likes it!
  2. In April, I'm having a week's holiday in Queensland. I like Queensland because it's sunny. And yes, we will be seeing Legally Blonde up there, but that's because we have friends up in Queensland who we want to see the show with. Most people I tell this to, just think it's another Wicked case for me, but it's not. With Wicked I had to see the show again, and I still miss it so much, it's like a drug. Legally Blonde is a great show, the cast is awesome, it's funny and got some great music, but I'm not addicted like I am to Wicked. And I'm pretty excited to go back to Movie World while I'm in QLD!
  3. May is going to be a crazy month. Kelly and I have tickets to Legally Blonde opening night in Melbourne (and now one of the preview shows too, haha. Kelly knows why I'm laughing at this). This is mostly because we wanted to go to one opening night, and Melbourne's pretty close for both of us. Then it's my 23rd birthday, and 2 days after that, I'll be in Adelaide seeing Driving Miss Daisy, which I can honestly admit I am seeing only because the stars of the play are Angela Lansbury (Mrs Potts from Beauty and the Beast) and James Earl Jones (Mufasa from The Lion King) and I am a Disney nerd, who can't pass up the chance to maybe actually meet them.
  4. In June, I'm going back to Adelaide to see Idina Menzel!!!!! I still can't believe that. Every time I see a video of her (interview or performance) or listen to her sing Defying Gravity, I just cry. I can't even fathom we're actually going to be seeing her live. Not just because she's the original Elphaba, but because she's amazing and seems like such a nice person.
  5. Sometime throughout 2013 (we hope) we'll have Delta Goodrem touring (!!!!) and Wicked returning to Sydney, which I will be seeing a lot (Apparently it'll be going back to Melbourne too, but I'm in Sydney, so...). Apparently it'll be a mostly new cast, which makes me a little sad, because our cast is amazing, but I'm also excited to see new people in the roles.
  6. In December, The Lion King musical is also returning to Sydney, which I'm psyched to see because the last time it was here I was 14 and my parents wouldn't take me, so I missed out.
  7. I'm also hoping to get a job in 2013, (because money will definitely be required for #1-6) and gain more experience teaching.

1 comment:

  1. sounds exciting! Wish i could go with you to see any one of these musicals/concerts, but alas, I am in the same boat, with no money

    ReplyDelete