Sunday, December 30, 2012

15 Facts About Me

Yet another post inspired by a trending topic on Twitter. So, here are 15 facts about me:


  1. If I wasn't a teacher, I'd love to be one of those people at Disney who do the research for the movies (yes, this is a thing. I saw it on the Pocahontas DVD). I think that would be the coolest job ever. 
  2. I wrote my first book when I was 6, about Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. I don't still have it, unfortunately. It had pictures...
  3. I found Nancy Drew, The Diary of Anne Frank and Wicked all through reading other books (and fanfiction, in the case of Wicked).
  4. Before I ever heard Nina (Delta Goodrem) sing on Neighbours, she was my favourite character because she was quiet, shy, read and got pushed around by other kids. She was the first character on Neighbours I really related to.
  5. The most I've ever cried during a TV show is on 8 Simple Rules when John Ritter/Paul died. The first time I remember crying watching TV was on Neighbours when Drew died. The first movie I remember crying in was the video of Charlotte's Web when I was 7. 
  6. When the first Harry Potter movie came out, no one besides me wanted to see it, so I convinced my brother by telling him there was a dragon in it (he was obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons at that age). We saw the movie, and then I read the first 2 books to him. I also got him into Twilight by showing him the movie trailer. I'm still working on Wicked. I like sharing the things I love with my family and friends.
  7. I have a real fear of not being liked, which stems from years of bullying. This covers everyone from friends, family, colleagues, friends of friends, celebrities, my students... yeah. I know, it's pathetic. In my defense, I don't want to constantly wonder if people really like me, it's just habit by this point.
  8. The point of #7 is that it makes me reluctant to sometimes share my opinion. I also don't like upsetting people or hurting their feelings. Because I've been on the other end too many times.
  9. I wish my family was closer- including extended family. I especially wish my sister and I were closer. I'd really love to do something just the two of us, but she'd never go for it. I laugh it off, but it hurts. 
  10. I screwed my back up my first year of uni. No idea how, I just woke up one morning and couldn't bend. I couldn't sit or stand, it was awful. The doctor said it was muscle spasm. 4 years later and my back still hurts sitting or standing too long.
  11. My computer is my life. I actually have no idea what to do with myself without it. Likewise, I don't cope very well not being able to write.
  12. I have similar movie/book/TV tastes to my mum, but am much closer to my dad in terms of personality. I have my Dad's eyes and nose, but don't really look like either of my parents. My siblings and I all have my dad's nose, and my brother and I have the same eyes. People say me and my sister look alike, but I don't see it. I pretty much look like no one in my family. I've often felt like the black sheep in the family.
  13. I have more pet peeves/ irritations then I let on. I just hide them because... well, see #7-8. 
  14. My greatest fear is never finding love and having a family. I've been wrestling with it since I was 16.
  15. I hate, hate, hate change. I'm very nostalgic. I don't cope well, especially with losing touch with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment