Saturday, October 27, 2012

Too much drama

So, I guess anyone who knows me knows I am a Delta Goodrem fan. I have been since the beginning when I was... wow, 12?! That's just crazy.

Anyway, Delta and her music have seen me through a lot of major life-events the last ten years, and I read about hers from fighting cancer at age 18, to being engaged, to breaking off the engagement... 

Yesterday, her 4th album (and first since 2007) was released, Child of the universe. Delta always writes about things she's gone through in her life, and this is no different. So of course, the album makes reference the end of her relationship with Brian Mcfadden (formerly of Westlife, I guess that's where most people would know him from. It's where I did before he was with Delta!).

And then of course, there's been drama. 

Vogue Mcfadden (nee Williams), Brian's new wife, tweeted the other day:

"You say you don't want to discuss your personal life so DON'T!! but please stop using it to promote yourself it's embarrassing ... #fake

 This was brought to Delta's attention during a radio interview and she just laughed it off saying that it was "really cool of them to listen to the album early and listen to the lyrics".

But this is the thing that bugs me- Delta fans have been tweeting Vogue about her comment.

Rachael Leahcar, Delta's finalist on The Voice tweeted "*throws orange*" to Vogue and then someone added a "Dead" to that.

Brian replied to that, asking "are you threatening my life? I'll find you" (I'm assuming he meant "wife" we all know about autocorrect and how that works), and that's fair that he was upset about that.

But now it's getting ridiculous. People are tweeting Brian things (e.g. "go back to Ireland, we love Delta, etc") but he's replying (e.g. "get a life. A real idol and a nutritionist").

Guys, none of this is cool.

I love Delta, and honestly, I don't care about Vogue and Brian. I don't know anything about her to form an opinion. I liked Brian in Westlife and I have some of his songs from iTunes, but all from when he was with Delta, because well... he was writing about Delta. And they were nice songs. And he has a nice voice.

I don't think it was cool what Vogue tweeted, even if she at least didn't mention Delta directly. I mean, Delta has never come out and said these songs are about Brian... even though everyone knows they are. LOL. I mean, they were together for seven years, which is a really long time. And did people really expect Delta wasn't going to write about it at all?

But no matter what your thoughts/feelings on Vogue/Brian/Delta are, is it really necessary to tweet such things? You don't like Brian- don't buy his music, watch Australia's Got Talent or follow him on twitter, whatever.

Tweeting things to Brian and Vogue isn't going to accomplish anything, just stir up more drama, and give Delta fans a bad name. And didn't we learn anything from the whole Charlotte Dawson incident?

Delta and Brian have both moved on. Brian is married, and they're both happy. This wouldn't even be news if Delta's album hadn't come out. I think it's sad that when they first broke up they still seemed friendly with one another and all that's fallen apart now.

Can we all just move on please?



2 comments:

  1. I agree. Me and a couple of other Delta fans were talking about it last night on Twitter. We were saying about how we don't like Vogue for what she said and it was uncalled for and everything, and I guess we were being mean and rude about her, but didn't tweet it to her directly so she wouldn't see it, we just wanted to discuss it. Then I was reading through some other tweets to her and Brian and realised that it's giving Delta fans a bad name. And I know Delta wouldn't be pleased to know that her fans who she love are tweeting rude things to someone. She managed to laugh off Vogue's tweet, although I'm sure she probably got a little upset by it, I mean, who wouldn't? But the point is that she wouldn't like it, and it's making Delta fans seem like trolls. Even though Vogue deserves the shit she's getting, Delta doesn't deserve for her fans to be rude to someone who Delta otherwise wouldn't even acknowledge.

    In saying that though, I really need a bit of a rant here...
    Vogue seems like a massive bitch. She thinks there's some kind of competition between her and Delta, and there really isn't. I mean, she has Brian, she should be happy (even though I don't know why you'd want Brian anyway...). Delta and Brian broke up for a reason, and although it would have killed her at the start, she's pretty much over it and she DOESN'T want him back. So what's the point?!!
    And I was reading some other articles about all this, and they mentioned that Brian and Delta both signed a confidentiality agreement not to talk about the reasons behind their breakup, and Brian seems to think that Delta has broken this contract.
    She has not! Her JOB is to write songs, as Brian well knows, and her best songs are the ones about her personal life experiences! She never specifically mentions his name, like "Brian and I broke up coz he's a dickhead and I can't believe he's already married to this random slut who thinks she famous but in reality no one knows who the hell she is". Yeah, it's obvious who the songs are about, but for the most part, she is very quiet about the whole situation, and the songs are about her FEELINGS about it, not saying what actually happened. Everyone already knows that they grew apart and were very different. She doesn't say anything more than that really.
    So Vogue and Brian really need to pull their heads out their arses (or each other's), and get the hell over it. It's not fair to Delta. She doesn't want anything to do with them obviously, and she doesn't give a shit. Brian's older, but clearly Delta's a lot more mature than he is.

    Okay this was a lot longer than I originally planned. But I feel a little bit better now so that's good :)

    PS. I want a Delta hug. I miss her :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Delta wouldn't like it.

      I had never heard of Vogue before she started dating Brian. And when Brian releases HIS next album, who knows what will be on it?

      I just think it's rude of people to tweet Vogue and Brian when it doesn't concern them, but I think it was definitely rude of Brian to tweet back, especially what he said to that one girl.

      And it's so sad that when they first broke up, they seemed to talk still, but once Brian got with Vogue it all stopped and the veiled insults started being tweeted.

      Delete