Thursday, October 18, 2012

An Amazing Story

Ok, this was only recently brought to my attention, but I thought it was amazing.

I love funny coincidences, and this was just too good not to share.

In 1940, a film was made by the name of The Shop Around the Corner.



This movie starred Frank Morgan, who of course was the Wizard in The Wizard of Oz, which had been released the year before in 1939.



In 1949, a musical adaptation of this film was produced called In the good old summertime, starring none other than Judy Garland, who of course, was Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz.



Of course, The Wizard of Oz gave us Wicked,



and around the same time Wicked came out (the book) came another adaptation of The Shop Around the Corner, called You've Got Mail.




And this movie, of course was the inspiration of my Wicked fanfiction by the same name (You've Got Mail).

So, how crazy is it that I would be inspired to write a Wicked fanfiction, by a movie that was based off another movie starring one Wizard of Oz star and that had an adaptation starring another?

I'm a big believer in signs, and I can't believe how amazing this one is! Of course, you may all think I'm crazy and that it's not interesting at all. But I'm just fascinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment