Sunday, October 7, 2012

50 Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I saw this trending topic on twitter and thought 'I can easily think of 50 things I want to do before I die' but rather than do 50 tweets, I thought it would be easier to do it as a blog entry.

They're in no real order, I just wrote them as I thought of them.

So, here goes:

50 THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
  1. Get married
  2. Have children
  3. See Wicked on Broadway
  4. Meet Julia
  5. Go to the USA (especially New York)
  6. Go to London
  7. Meet Tim Campbell [ACHIEVED June 2014]
  8. Own a dog (current breed of choice is a schnauzer, but that could change)
  9. Finish writing an original novel that I don't hate once I've finished it, or think is stupid.
  10. Buy a house
  11. Get a tattoo
  12. Meet one of my favourite authors (I'd prefer JK Rowling, but I'm not picky)
  13. Take a course in creative writing.
  14. See Miss Webb again (my Year 8 English Teacher who was a huge influence on me in so many ways. I haven't actually seen her since Year 9). [ACHIEVED July 2014]
  15. Take my siblings to see Wicked. [semi ACHIEVED November 2014 (took Nikki)]
  16. Go to the Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios.
  17. See Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam.
  18. Actually get my P's and be able to drive (am working on this). [ACHIEVED July 2014] 
  19. Meet Delta Goodrem (again. I met her once, but I was a rambling mess)
  20. See Idina Menzel live in concert [ACHIEVED June 2013- TWICE] 
  21. Meet Idina Menzel. [ACHIEVED June 2013] 
  22. Write something meaningful.
  23. Go to Tasmania and the Northern Territory, so I can say I've been to every state and territory in Australia.
  24. Do something important.
  25. Ride a horse.
  26. Be a bridesmaid at someone's wedding.
  27. Finish the Harry Potter fan fiction I abandoned to write Wicked fan fiction two years ago and have barely touched since. LOL.
  28. Hold a lion cub.
  29. Swim with dolphins (or just be in water with dolphins given that I can't actually swim). [ACHIEVED 15/4/2013]
  30. Stay at a 5 star hotel somewhere, even just for one night. [ACHIEVED May 23rd 2014] 
  31. Teach overseas
  32. Get through the entire Wicked book series (every time I've tried I can't do. I made it to end of Son of a witch and that was it, although I own the whole series).
  33. Go out dancing.
  34. Do karaoke (I'm mostly a watcher. I'm too shy to actually do it myself. Plus I can't sing). 
  35. Give a sermon.
  36. Read the whole bible cover to cover.
  37. Look and feel beautiful, just once.
  38. Finish Wuthering Heights. I've started it 5 times. Every time I get bored and stop, but it's one of those classic novels.
  39. Re-read Great Expectations. The last time I read it, I was 9. 
  40. Get a hug from my sister. (She's not a hugger. The last time I remember getting a hug from her, she was probably about 10. She's now nearly 21). [ACHIEVED October 3rd 2015] 
  41. Break a bone. (This sounds weird, but I never have. And I'd like to be able to say I have. Otherwise all I have is splitting my chin open and spraining my wrist and big toe- at different times). 
  42. Actually keep a diary, instead of forgetting it's there and only writing in it once every 6 months or so.
  43. Be able to have a deep, personal conversation about myself without crying.
  44. Go to Prince Edward Island (Four Words: Anne Of Green Gables). 
  45. Read the entire Narnia series (the only one I've read is The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
  46. In my house, have a library.
  47. Sponser a child in a Third World nation.
  48. Go to a psychic (just for fun). [ACHIEVED 18/4/2013]
  49. See at least one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
  50. Enter the lottery- just once so I can say I did. [ACHIEVED 19/4/2013- and won $4. LOL)


3 comments:

  1. Just saying honey, you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maaaaaaaan Sydney is gon be epic!!! We shall tackle at least five of these!!! (don't expect to sleeeeeeeep)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1how the heck am i only nUmber 4. I should at least be number 1.....=)
    2. GURL you are beautiful
    3. GURL Imma talk to your sister about that hug.
    4. How have you only read the second narnia book.

    ReplyDelete