Thursday, March 8, 2012

A random story that will most likely interest no one.

So, fun story: I remember watching the Little Mermaid on video with the daughters of friends of my dad's when I was probably about 4 or 5.
And I have a vivid memory of seeing the Little Mermaid in cinemas when I was about 7 or 8.
When I thought about this when I was older, this made no sense to me. Because, how could I watch it on video before I saw it in cinemas? Not to mention the fact that the Little Mermaid came out in 1989, a year before I was born.
When I told my parents, my dad had no memory of taking us to the movies to see the Little Mermaid (if you know my dad, that isn't surprising), but I KNEW I was right.
So, when I was in high school, with computer access and bored, I decided to google. And then things made sense!
The Little Mermaid was re-released in cinemas in 1997! So, I HAD seen it first on video and then on cinemas!
Yes, this confirmation was a major relief to me. Things like that drive me mad.

That's weird, right? Yes, these are the things that I think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment