Friday, December 9, 2011

Welcome!

Hi, everyone!

For a while now, I've been tossing around the idea of starting a blog (I blame my mum. She suggested it, only I don't think this is what she had in mind).
As a writer, it sounded like a pretty cool idea, but I had no idea what in Oz's name I would write about that people would think was worth reading.

And then I was thinking- I love writing. I've been writing since I was 6 (not FF of course), and I try and make my stories as realistic as possible.
That involves doing a lot of research, including things I never thought I'd ever find myself typing into Google or Wikipedia (like eunuchs, for anyone reading One Night With the King. Or the history of the T-shirt).

And in my research, I come across some interesting/crazy knowledge, which I like to share. And of course there's my ANs and twitter, but I do realise that not everyone has jumped on the twitter bandwagon like I have with great glee (tell me another way to get messages from Wicked cast members and celebrities, and I'll listen).

Then of course, there's the songs I listen to that influence my writing, movies I watch, moments on TV, wedding dress pictures I find that I love and make characters *cough* Elphaba *cough* wear because I'm nowhere near the stage of getting to pick my own wedding dress.

So, I was thinking maybe a blog was a pretty good way to do all of this.

So here we are. Of course, this could be a disaster and I delete it in a month's time and we'll never speak of this again, but I thought as an experiment, it'd be worth a try!

As said in the description, I'll blog about writing stuff, research but also other things that catch my fancy.

I'll try my best to keep it interesting and update as much as I can. I hope you'll comment and let me know what you think!

Vinkunwildflowerqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment