Monday, December 12, 2011

Question for you all....

I admit it, I am addicted to twitter.

When I first joined, I admit I only did so I could follow celebrities, hear news about them from them, and maybe even (fingers crossed!) get a tweet from one of them to me! But I didn't use it myself much.

Then I read an Author's Note from one "Julia-Caesar" who invited her readers to follow her on twitter. We'd exchanged a little conversation through reviews and PMs on FF.net, and I knew she seemed like a pretty nice person. So, I followed her. And the rest, as they say, is history.

Well, 7, 923 tweets later (at present), I am a twitter addict and convert, who will preach about it's awesomeness to all that are only half- listening.

I've made some of my greatest friends through tweets, who have become my loving and supportive twitter family. (Hi to Julia, Kelly, Hedwig, Alana, Jen, Sam, Micheala, Shauna, Vicki, Liana, Bianca, Jean, Sarah, Amy, Fionna, Holly, and anyone I've forgotten!)

And I've been lucky enough to get tweets from some of my favourite celebrities! (People not in Australia may have no idea who these people are. Google!):

  1. Alyson Hannigan
  2. Tim Campbell (2nd Australian Fiyero, and my favourite)
  3. David Harris (current and best Australian Fiyero)
  4. Lucy Durack (Original Australian Glinda)
  5. Fifi and Jules (a radio duo here in Oz)
  6. Rove 
  7. Cal Wilson (Australian comedian... well, technically she's from New Zealand, but....) 
  8. Mia Freedman (Australian journalist and author)
  9. Andrew Sims (Host of Mugglecast- HP podcast and creator of hypable.com) 
  10. Zoe Foster (Australian Author)
  11. Delta Goodrem (Australian singer. Dating Nick Jonas?)
  12. Josh Lawson (Australian actor and comedian)
  13. Anthony Callea (Original Australian Boq and singer)
  14. Wicked the Musical Twitter page
  15. Wicked Australia Twitter page
  16. Stephen Schwartz
  17. Felicia Ricci
  18. Suzie Mathers (current Australian Glinda)
And of course I have a list of the celebs I still want a tweet from (don't worry, I'm not posting that list today too). 

Every time I get a tweet from someone that... people actually know, I get.... very excited (shut up, that's what I'm calling it). 

My question for you all though, is- what else counts? Do I have to have my username in the tweet for me to be able to count it? Does it count if a celeb or known figure retweets one of my tweets?

I ask for two reasons:
  1. Jemma Rix, the amazing Australian Elphaba, does not have twitter. Her husband does. He recently retweeted one of my tweets. Does this count?
  2. Jennifer Morrison (from House, Star Trek and now Once Upon a time) was live-tweeting during this weeks episode. As I love the show and am a fan of Jennifer, I tweeted the following:

Jen's next tweet was this:


So, my question is: Can I claim this as a tweet from Jennifer Morrison? Thoughts? Comments? Tweets?

No comments:

Post a Comment