Tuesday, December 20, 2011

This reminds me of a movie....

At the moment, I am.... I think about 3/4 of the way through writing my first NCIS fanfiction.
It's not my first time writing the NCIS characters, I wrote two House/NCIS crossovers when I first got into NCIS during season 5, but I was still a huge House fan and wanted to combine them.

[I thoroughly enjoyed (loved) the first 3 seasons of House. I persevered through 4 and 5, but gave up in season 6 after they wrote out Jennifer Morrison's character (Cameron) and I didn't feel any of the character's were likeable anymore].

I'm really enjoying the challenge of writing a new fandom. Although there are so many references to Wicked in it :D (yes, I know. I have a problem).

I think the hardest character to write is Gibbs, because he's not one for a lot of words or to show a lot of emotion. But I love Gibbs, because he's awesome.


The main character in this fic (In this Life- coming soon to a computer near you), is my favourite NCIS character, the Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo, played by the adorable and charming Michael Weatherly.


The slight trouble I'm having, is that Tony has a habit (whether good or bad) or quoting a lot of films, and referencing them at every opportunity. They don't have to relate to Tony's life per se, they can relate to any character or situation Tony hears about.

As a writer, trying to remain true to the fandom and the characters, I have to do that too.

Do you know how hard it is, trying to think of a film with a specific moment/reaction/emotion like whatever is happening within the story? I own a lot of movies, but it's still not easy.

Hence, I'm spending a lot of my time on Google. Finding names of films, researching the plot line if I haven't seen/heard of it...

So, if anyone knows of a movie where a guy is thrilled to learn he's going to be a father, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment