Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Conversation with my father:

Me: [Telling Dad how I put on twitter that I'd had dinner with Louise Kelly, who knows David Harris (Louise and her cousin are friends with my dad), and that David had replied.]
My sister: Who's David Harris?
Me: He's Fiyero in Wicked.
Dad: Whoever Fiyero is.
Me: The prince? The male lead? Starts off with Glinda, ends up with Elphaba?
Dad: ..........
Me: So, you obviously remember a lot of the show then. [I took my parents to Perth to see it back in August]
Dad: I remember the monkeys.
Me: Oh yeah, Chistery.
Dad: The flying Monkeys that could never possibly fly because their windspan is too small.
Me: *facepalm*

That is what you took from the show, Dad? Not "Defying Gravity" or the Wizard, or the friendship, the love story.... just that the flying Monkeys wouldn't be actually able to fly?

I love you, Dad- but I really think I must be adopted or switched at birth.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I get that a lot when I talk to friends.

    The Jazzmeister XD

    ReplyDelete