Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Update: Don't tell the bride, fanfiction, life

1. Life
Let's be honest, if you're reading this, you're probably least interested in an update on my life than the other two topics in the title of this blog post. However, as my life does affect my writing and subsequently affects the other two topics mentioned, we may as well start with this one.
So- I have a job for next year (yay). Which means I'm moving again (not yay), and means I have to say goodbye to all my students and colleagues from this year (double not yay).
The school year is wrapping up here in the merry old land of Oz (sorry, I had to do that), and the main projects of this term have been writing exams, marking said exams and then writing reports. So that all fried my brain a little, which slows the writing process.
Plus there's been a few side trips to Sydney to see Grease, and as the weekends are when I do most of my writing... you get the point.
But any time I have energy/motivation/time I am writing, I promise you.

2. Don't Tell the Bride
This is my current work in progress. I'm currently on chapter 8 of 25, close to chapter 9.
I think I mentioned in 40 Weeks that certain elements of the story were added because I got bored and needed something other than pregnancy things to write?
Well, as fun as it is writing Elphaba and Fiyero planning their individual versions of their weddings (especially Fiyero), I felt like it wasn't that exciting.
So, I've added flashback scenes of different moments in Elpahba and Fiyero's relationship into the story, which just flesh it out a bit more. Because this story is set in it's own universe, not as a sequel to any other story I've written; the flashbacks mean you get to see their relationship unfold throughout the story as they plan the wedding. Kind of like juxtaposition- you're seeing how they got to where they are... but not in order.
I'm hoping to have this up by the end of 2013, even if I'm not finished. As long as I'm over the halfway mark, and have plenty of time to write, I may start posting. I don't usually do this, but... we'll see.

3. Fanfiction
Other than DTTB, um... I'm just working on developing some of the fics in my "to write" folder, so they're good to go once DTTB is finished.
It's kind of funny.... one is done and I've started a little, but I got writer's block and I'm still not sure how to break past that. One is done, but I just don't know how to start it; and a third is done, but lacks a title and I need a title before I start writing.
I kind of want to leave that one because the other two I have waiting have been there and planned for a really long time. It's just this stupid writers block.  However, that being said (because it is driving me crazy having no title), I may end up asking for your opinions on the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment