Monday, December 30, 2013

Story Idea

Last night when I saw The Hobbit movie at the cinemas with my dad and brother, we had to endure a thousand ads before the movie started. Not previews, ads. (OK, I may be exaggerating... slightly. It might have been just less than a thousand. But it was a lot okay?)

Anyway, one of the commercials was for Coca-cola and they had a song in the background, as commercials tend to do. I really loved the song, so I made a note of the name and artist and bought it when I got home.

It's called "Make you mine" by Benny Tipene and yeah, it reminded me of Fiyeraba, Actually, it could probably fit any fandom, Wicked is just usually my brain's first stop.

Here is the song:


So, usually I'd just be all "write a one-shot" but there are so many ways you could make this song fit, and I really loved the lines,

"There's a thousand ways and a thousand times that I could say I will make you mine."

Then I had the idea maybe a series of one-shots, and "hey wouldn't it be cool if I could do a thousand to fit in with the song?" Whilst I don't think that's likely, my brain's response to that was "I really don't think I could come up with a thousand little things to write about."

And then I had the other idea- prompts. From you guys, the people who actually read what I write.... sometimes.

I often get requests for  one-shots for birthdays, or between stories or something. Sometimes I get bored, or writer's block on whatever big fic I'm working on at the time. Sometimes something happens in my life (good or bad) and I want to share that with you all through a one-shot.

So have a listen to the song and let me know what you think! If you have any prompts.... shoot 'em my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment