Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My 22nd year in review

So, last year just before my birthday I did a big recap of everything that had happened in the past year- good and bad. And I found it really great to be able to just look back and reflect and see a year of my life on paper (figuratively speaking).

I decided it would be good to do the same thing for this year, I've just structured it a little differently than last year. Here goes:

Shows/Musicals/Concerts: 

  •  Annie
  • Legally Blonde (8 times)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Amateur production in Sutherland). 
  • Carrie Underwood "Blown Away Tour" at the Sydney Opera House
  • Delta Goodrem "The Top of my World Shows" (well, half of it, but it counts).
  • Hats Off to the Classics
  • Adam Hills "Happyism"
Trips:
  • Melbourne (x2)
  • Adelaide (x2- I think. Maybe 3 times). 
  • Sydney (that counts! It involves travel and I stayed overnight, so it counts).
  • Canberra 
  • Queensland
Celebrities I Met (That I hadn't met before):
  • Rob Mills
  • Erika Heynatz
  • Cameron Daddo
  • Helen Dallimore
  • Anthony Warlow
  • Mike Snell
  • Idina Menzel (well, it was a tweet. But it's really hard to get a tweet off her, so I want to count it).
Fanfics Published:
  • Stranger to Myself (Wicked)
  • If I let you go (Wicked)
  • Sitting on top of the World (NCIS)
  • But for a Moment (Wicked)
  • 40 Weeks (Wicked)
  • Understanding (Anne of Green Gables)
Experiences Had (AKA Cool things I did or that happened to me):
  • Hollywood Costume Exhibition
  • Unemployed for 4 months (Hey, I didn't say these were all good experiences. But the bad ones shape us as much as the good ones).
  • Moved twice.
  • Made more friends via FF.net/Twitter
  • Got my 2nd teaching job.
  • Went to a taping of The Voice.
  • Was on Hamish and Andy's Business Brunch on the radio.
  • Got to meet more members of my Twitter family.
  • Touched a dolphin and held a koala.
  • Got and lost a duckling (RIP Fiyero the Duck)
  • Jodi Picoult read my blog 
  • Wicked ended *sob* (I know, I know, it's coming back. But it still ended and it was sad).
  • I had a normal, sane, non-crying conversation with Jemma Rix (this was definitely an experience).
Overall, I think it was a pretty great year. And I'm hoping my 23rd year is going to be even more amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment