Friday, April 13, 2012

Singapore

Greetings from Singapore, everyone!

This is officially Day #1 of the trip, and I shall blog on that either tonight or tomorrow (depends on how tired I am by tonight!).

So, yesterday, I spent a total of 9 hours on a plane. We were flying out from Sydney to Brisbane at 8am. We wanted to be at the airport by 6am- we were awake at 2 (not by choice. I think I was so paranoid I'd sleep through the 4am alarm, I just woke up).

The flight to Brisbane went surprisingly fast, which filled us with false hope that the next 8 hour stretch to Singapore from Brisbane would also go fast. As I've said before, I love flying, hate airports (especially, it turns out, international airports. So much stress!)
The view from the plane- clouds look so cool from planes!

The highlight of our 3 hour layover in Brisbane was meeting our friend Bianca, who is as lovely in person as she is on twitter!


Bianca, Kelly and me.


So, how do you kill 8 hours on a plane? Very. Slowly.

Thank Oz they offered movies! I watched New Years Eve (I love that movie); then I watched the first episode of Tim Allen's new sitcom Last Man Standing (it's really funny, and completely different from Home Improvement!)  Then I watched How to lose a guy in 10 days which was edited for content (So, instead of playing "Bullshit" they play "Bullspit.") I watched some of Breaking Dawn part 1 out of sheer boredom, but only made it through half (which they also said was edited, but I'm sure they showed more than How to lose a guy in 10 days did, which was weird because BD is way worse).

We were flying with Etihad airlines, and they were really good! The service was lovely and the flight attendants had gorgeous uniforms.
Although before every movie started, they advertised something called Pocari Sweat. Apparently, it's some kind of drink to replenish the fluids your body uses whilst sitting. Call me crazy, but I'm not too keen on the idea of drinking anything with a bodily fluid mentioned in the title (does sweat count as a bodily fluid?)

So, we arrived at Singapore 6.30pm local time. And it's very warm, so we're very happy!

Keep you all posted!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Hahahaha they sell Pocari Sweat in Bali, it's disgusting, don't try it. Hahahaha.
    And Delta's single is out today!!!!!!!!!!!! And Gretel likes Delta! And David tweeted you guys saying welcome to Singapore and it wasn't in reply to anything either! So exciting yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww!!! You and Kelly and Bianca!!!! AHHHHH!!! Oh my gosh! I hope you are having a spectacular time in Singas! I still want my program, you tell Kelly that won't you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully we get to cross paths on your return as well!!! :) Best day ever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete