Friday, June 14, 2013

Advice sought:

So, as I think everyone who reads this knows, I'm a teacher. And last year, my biggest class was 4 kids. This year, it's about 26.

Obviously, due to the changes in class sizes, I'm doing some things differently. My behaviour management strategies stay the same. I have a few tricks that usually work for me- my kids know when I go quiet, they have to shut up. My Year 11's call it my "angry eyes", haha. I give lunch detentions if I have to and send the really problem kids to my Head Teacher.

But the thing is that I still have to speak louder and project my voice more than I did last year. And after 8 periods of this a day, my voice is pretty strained. Especially now we're in winter, it gave out on me twice today.

And I have a little voice. I can't (as in physically can't) yell, so even just projecting my voice to carry across 20 odd kids, it's taking a toll.

So, I'm asking for help- is there anything I can do to protect my voice and/or strengthen it?

No comments:

Post a Comment