Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I HAVE A JOB!

Yes, that's right! I have a job.

So, naturally this has become the best day ever. It's just until the end of the year (for now), but we'll see what  happens!

For the past three months, I have been so stressed (actually, I've been stressed from like Term 4 of last year), and depressed and... in a really dark place (admittedly probably not helped by writing a really depressing fanfic). I've been questioning everything- am I even a good teacher? Is this really what I'm meant to be doing? Could I ever be happy doing anything else?

And now... I honestly didn't even think I had a chance of getting this job! The application was for History/Ancient History/Drama teacher. I'm qualified for History, taught Ancient History last year, but haven't taught Drama. But they offered it to me!

So, Manilla. It's a town with about 2000 people in it, in New South Wales. It's about 28 minutes from Tamworth, and 5 hours from Sydney. So that makes it probably about 7 hrs from home unfortunately. But Manilla has buses, and trains and an airport in Tamworth!



I just... ah, I'm so grateful. It was my new Head Teacher who I spoke to and she seems so nice! At the moment, it looks like I'll be teaching Junior (7-10) Drama and History and combined Senior (11 and 12) Ancient History and Drama. But that could change! The school has 159 kids just in Yrs 7-12, and I'm just... thrilled.

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who supported me these past few months and listened to me mope for so long, and who prayed for me... it means a lot.

I'm strangely not terrified! I probably will be when it gets closer, but right now I'm just so grateful and excited! My new Head Teacher said I got a "glowing" reference from my last principal, which I am so appreciative of.

I can't think of anything else to say right now!

4 comments:

  1. :) SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL! And the fact that there are trains in Tamworth means you can just train it home if you need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And an airport! Love having options! I wish I could get out there before the term ends to check the town out, but that won't be happening unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. I knew you would get one eventually, you just had to hang in there and keep doing what you were doing. Again congratulations, and enjoy every moment of it!

    Sincerely,

    FaeYero4ever

    ReplyDelete