Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Carrie Underwood- Blown Away

So, last night I went and saw Carrie Underwood at the Opera House!!

I love Carrie's music, and have ever since she was American Idol. So, when I found out she was coming to tour Australia and that the date fell in school holidays (I teach in the country and don't drive so it's hard to do stuff during the school term), I had to go!

And I was, quite literally, blown away.


Carrie is incredible live! She's also absolutely adorable, haha.

The stage was beautiful, and simple. And Carrie looked gorgeous- as she always does. And the Concert Hall at the Opera House is a gorgeous room. I don't think there was a bad seat in the whole room, which is always good.




Every interview I've seen with her, she just seems like such a nice person and she totally proved that on stage last night. It really felt like she was having a conversation with the audience and like we were all friends.

I loved every minute of the show, but I'd have to say my favourite moment was her mash up of Jesus, Take the Wheel and How Great Thou Art. I got goosebumps, it was just phenomenal! I was a little disappointed she didn't sing All-American Girl because that's one of my ultimate Carrie favourites, but she did so many of my other favourites, I can't really complain!

One of my favourite things about Carrie is that how powerful her voice is, and man, can she belt! Of course, all I could think after was "I'd be really interested to hear her sing Defying Gravity" Haha.




She also covered the INXS song "Never Tear Us Apart" (as its Australian and all).

Good Girl was such a great way to start the show, and I was really impressed she did no intermission or costume changes! The night felt like we were all a large group of friends just hanging out that had convinced Carrie to get up and sing for almost 2 hours, haha.

She just really proves that you don't need a flashy stage or dancers or anything to deliver an amazing night- just awesome music.

I wish I could have met her, but my mum was with me and wouldn't wait around for me to try and go to the Stage Door :(

But it was such an amazing night- she has to come back to Australia so I can see her again!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time. We waited at Stage Door but she zoomed past in her convoy without getting off, a mere wave. So you didn't miss much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! So glad- I would have been devastated if I'd missed out on meeting her!

      Delete
  2. I'd have to say my favourite moment was her mash up of Jesus, Take the Wheel and How Great Thou Art. I got goosebumps, it was just phenomenal! Great song! I love it..Glad you had such a nice time there!

    ReplyDelete