Thursday, May 22, 2014

My 23rd Year in Review

In about 12 hours, I will be officially 24 years old. I am totally not freaking out about this. And I mostly mean that in a non-sarcastic way.

Being 24 means I'm the same age my mother was when I was born, and hence, half her age. That's a little weird.

Mostly though, I'm hopeful.... that 24 is the year I won't have to move again. No. Well... mostly no. (I am really over moving. I've moved 4 times in 3 years). But my 20s have been way more awesome than my teenager years, so I am hopeful this continues. And as I have the past 2 years, I thought I'd like to reflect on what the past year has brought/taught me. So here goes:

Shows/Musicals/Concerts:

  • Julie Andrews (still dying over being in the same room as her).
  • Driving Miss Daisy 
  • Idina Menzel (twice)
  • Grease (3 times)
  • Wicked (4 times)
  • The Lion King (after 10 years of waiting and wanting)
  • Wickedly Broadway with David Harris and Lucy Durack
  • Time is a Traveller (David Harris's cabaret show)
  • The Random Variety (Jemma Rix's cabaret show)
  • Beauty and the Beast concert at Melbourne Zoo. 
Trips:
  • Auckland, New Zealand
  • Sydney
  • Melbourne
  • Adelaide
  • Canberra
Celebrities I Met (for the first time):
  • IDINA MENZEL!!!!!
  • Angela Lansbury
  • James Earl Jones (they saw us, we said hi, they said hi. I'm counting it).
  • You know what, we all know Idina Menzel is the most important one here, so we'll just stop. There were others but... you can't really top the 3 names already on this list.
Fanfics Published:
  • Feels Like Home
  • Come What May
  • All These Years
  • Saviour
  • The Beginning of Forever
  • Days Go By
  • One Hour
  • Innocent Eyes
  • God Save My Soul
  • Don't Tell the Bride
  • Ghost of Kiamo Ko (I'm counting this because I at least started posting and finished writing it while I was still 23). 
Experiences Had (AKA Cool things I did or that happened to me):
  • Went to Comic Con and met Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause (Piper and Leo from Charmed) and Ted and The Todd from Scrubs. 
  • Moved... again.
  • Got a new job.
  • Finished all my hours required on my L's. 
  • Went for my P's.
  • Failed my P's.
  • Honestly, when thinking on the past year all my head is screaming is- Wicked. Idina. Julie Andrews. That about sums it up. 

Here's to being 24! Let's hope it's awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment