Sunday, November 24, 2013

Ozian Technology Question

I have a question for research for a fic. I can't explain why, just go with it.

So, as I've mentioned before, I set my Oz no later than 1939. But if you were to write about an Oz 100 years after Elphaba's time, just where would technology sit?

100 years makes it 2039, so even further ahead than us. So, I guess the question is: "how fast would technology is Oz progress?"

Would it be advanced? Do I split the technology and make it the technological equivalent of the 1980s?

Let me know what you guys think on this matter please!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say that because Oz is conservative in general, not to go past the 1990s in technology. Especially when you add in the magic element. But that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think technology would kinda mix itself with magic. Like some kind of steampunk, but the source of power is magic, not steam.

    ReplyDelete