Friday, October 25, 2013

Don't Tell the Bride

I know I said in my AN at the end of One Hour that I was going to do a video about this, but I ran out of time. So, you get a blog post instead.

The fic I'm currently working on is Don't Tell the Bride, inspired by the TV show of the same name.

Summary: Modern Ozian Weddings is featuring a competition in their latest issue to win your dream wedding- the catch is that EVERY detail is planned solely by the groom. In three weeks. The bride has no input whatsoever. The girls think the idea is funny, the boys think it would be a piece of cake. So, an engaged Elphaba and Fiyero decide to put it to the test. Fiyero planning a wedding? You know you want to read that!

As I said, it is a TV show. Basically as the groom plans the wedding, they have the bride plan the wedding they would plan. It is sometimes hilarious to see how far apart the wedding the bride wants and the wedding the groom actually plans. And on the UK version, the brides are such divas. I swear they make Galinda look easy-going.


This is an episode of the UK show. I've seen some grooms try and plan the wedding they think their fiancee wants, and others just plan the wedding they want. And the most common thing to hear is the groom going "That sounds fun/hilarious". Because us girls all know, weddings are all about fun and hilarity, right? (can you sense my sarcasm?).

So, I'm only on chapter 4 right now. This is the table I'm trying to fill out and plan before I go any further.

Wedding Aspect
Elphaba’s idea
Fiyero’s idea
Venue


Dress


Invitations


Reception


Food


Music


Flowers


Honeymoon


Cake


Bridesmaids’ dresses


Celebrant


Photographer


Buck’s night


Hen’s night


Transport


Party favours


Rings


Seating plan


Vows




If you have any ideas/suggestions/whatever, feel free to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment